Neiman Marcus Mannequin Challenge: #mannequinxNM Contest Official Rules
November 11, 2016
Brand: The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc.
Campaign: #mannequinxNM Mannequin Challenge Contest
1. Take a video at a Neiman Marcus store in complete stillness—just like our mannequins.
2. Upload your video(s) to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter using #mannequinxNM and tag @NeimanMarcus in your post caption for a chance to be selected by a panel of judges to win a Neiman Marcus prize.
Daily Prizes: One (1) winner will be selected each day of the contest (11/11/16 – 11/29/16) to win a prize of a Neiman Marcus Fun to Give or Love to Give product.
Weekly Prizes: One (1) winner will be selected each week of the contest for a total of three (3) weeks to win a prize of a $200 Neiman Marcus gift card.
Grand Prize: One (1) grand prizewinner will be selected to win a $500 Neiman Marcus gift card.
Total Approximate Retail Value of all combined prizing is $3,950.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE/MULTIPLE ENTRIES WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. CONTESTANT MUST HAVE A PUBLIC/UNPROTECTED INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND/OR TWITTER ACCOUNT TO ENTER. GIFT CARDS EXPIRE NOVEMBER 11TH, 2017.
Neiman Marcus Mannequin Challenge: #mannequinxNM Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. CONTESTANT MUST HAVE A PUBLIC/UNPROTECTED INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND/OR TWITTER ACCOUNT TO ENTER.
1. Eligibility: The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc. (“Neiman Marcus”) Mannequin Challenge Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Neiman Marcus, Social Mecca, Inc., (“Brickfish”) and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, country, regional, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void in Québec and where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: Neiman Marcus, 1618 Main Street, Dallas, TX 75201, U.S.A.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on November 11, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and ends on November 29, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. CST (the “Contest Period”). The servers of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Social Mecca, Inc. are the official time-keeping devices for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: To participate, you will need to have an Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account (herein “Social Account”). Creating a Social Account is free, but is subject to each of its respective terms: http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#, https://www.facebook.com/policies/ or https://twitter.com/tos. All account settings must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your Tweets and/or posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its designees. Posting content to Instagram requires a mobile device. Message and Data rates may apply. If you post updates to or receive updates from any Social Account via your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
First, Take a video at a Neiman Marcus store in complete stillness—just like our mannequins.
Next, upload your video(s) to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #mannequinxNM and tag @NeimanMarcus in your post caption.
Enter using Instagram, Facebook or Twitter: During the Contest Period, Tweet or post to Instagram and/or Facebook your video Submission along with the hashtag #mannequinxNM and tag @NeimanMarcus in your post’s caption (Retweets will not be considered for a contest entry).
By Tweeting or posting your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission from a gallery and disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform.
• The Submission must be in a size and format that is acceptable to Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any individual who appears in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein (Section 6). Minors may only be included in the Submission if entrant is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The Submission must not contain content, images or artwork not created by entrant; other than those owned or sold by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest;
• The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned or sold by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest;
• The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party;
• The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may Tweet or post an unlimited number of Submissions per Social Account during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Social Account. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Social Account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Submission: Tweeting or posting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such photos and videos in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Winner Determination: A panel of qualified judges, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will select one (1) entrant each day of the contest period for a total of nineteen (19) daily winners, one (1) weekly entrant for a total of three (3) weekly winners, and one (1) entrant to win the grand prize with the highest-scoring Submission (“Winners”) for a total of one (1) grand prize winner based on the following Judging Criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
• Creativity of the Submission (1/2 of score); and
• Originality of the Submission (1/2 of score)
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to not select one (1) prizewinner each day for a total of nineteen (19) daily winners, one (1) weekly prizewinner for a total of three (3) weekly winners, and one (1) grand prizewinner if, in its sole discretion, the Contest does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final and binding. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified within seven (7) days following the winner selection date throughout the Contest period, 12:00 a.m. CST on 11/11/2016 – 11:59 p.m. CST on 11/29/2016. The method on notification will depend on potential winner’s method of entry.
Instagram: If a potential winner entered by Instagram, Sponsor (@neimanmarcus) will send prize claim instructions by Direct Message as well as comment on potential winner’s post.
Facebook: If the potential winner entered via Facebook, Sponsor (Neiman Marcus) will send prize claim instructions by Facebook Messenger.
Twitter: If a potential winner entered via Twitter, Sponsor (@neimanmarcus) will Tweet the potential winner with instructions to Direct Message the Sponsor. Potential winner will then be sent prize claim instructions by Direct Message.
The prize claim instructions will advise each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her place of residence) that he/she will be required to provide Sponsor with his/her name, valid mailing address, valid email address and birthdate to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment purposes within forty-eight (48) hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to follow any of the prize claim instructions or provide the required information within the required timeframe, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only one (1) alternate winner may be determined for each prize, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Prizes: One (1) Fun to Give or Love to Give Neiman Marcus prize item will be awarded for each day of the Contest for a total of nineteen (19) days. Three (3) $200 value prizes of a Neiman Marcus gift card will be awarded each week of the Contest for a total of three (3) weeks. One (1) grand prize of a $500 Neiman Marcus gift card will be awarded upon completion the Contest, 11/29/16, for a total of one (1) grand prize winner. Approximate Total Retail Value (“ARV”) of all combined prizing is $3,950 USD.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or lesser value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prizes will be fulfilled to each winner up to two (2) weeks upon receipt of prize claim instructions and/or following the final date of the Contest, November 29th, 2016. Gift cards will expire on November 11th, 2017.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Social Mecca, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Facebook, Inc., or Instagram, LLC, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. This Release does not apply to claims for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of Sponsor.
11. Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state (and/or province), likeness, photo (including Social Account Profile photo), Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Eastern Division) or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
16. Winner List: A list of all Winners will be available upon request.
17. Sponsor: Neiman Marcus
© 2016 Social Mecca, Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc., Facebook, Inc., or Instagram, LLC. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to Sponsor.