Six Things to do at Art Basel Miami Beach 2014
December 2, 2014
Art and fashion collide this week in Florida as the world’s top curators, collectors, gallerists and celebrities descend upon the balmy beach locale for the annual international art fair Art Basel Miami Beach, starting December 4. Although the event is focused on art, there are plenty of live performances and poolside parties to celebrate. Here are six events that top our must-do list.
1. Louis Vuitton presents “Playing With Shapes,” conceived by French furniture designer Pierre Paulin and American furniture manufacturer Herman Miller. Eighteen original pieces of new furniture debut at Design Miami/ December 2 – 7.
2. Hotelier Ian Schrager debuts his latest project, the Miami Beach Edition Hotel, in which “the traditional beach hotel has been reimagined for the needs and desires of a new generation.”
3. Swiss watchmaker IWC features the Portofino collection with a Peter Lindbergh exhibit at the W South Beach on December 3.
4. “One Way: Peter Marino,” an exhibition celebrating this American arhitect, opens at the Bass Museum of Art on December 4.
5. Luxury mosaic tile brand Bisazza and iconic fashion label Emilio Pucci collaborate in a collection of mosaics inspired by historical prints, on view in their showrooms located in the Miami Design District.
6. Perez Art Museum Miami celebrates its one-year anniversary with a waterfront performance by Future Brown, performing for the first time in the U.S. on December 4.