Beauty Professor Rachel Anise’s Holiday Gift Guide
December 15, 2014
Gift-giving, as inherently delightful as the act can (and should!) be, potentially poses a trepidatious challenge for the giver; often one must strike the perfect balance between “general enough to be enjoyed” and “specific enough to feel personalized.” Too general, and the warm sentiment is, perhaps, lost. Too specific, however, and the giver runs the risk of conflicting with the taste of the receiver.
To mitigate this hazard, here is a curated collection of 12 classic, unique and utterly stunning gift ideas, guaranteed to be entirely apropos for the beauty and skincare lovers in your life:
1. For the Multitasker: Featuring three neutral eye shadows, two flattering blushes, a timeless, neutral red lipstick and a superb mascara (also discussed in the Mascara Wardrobing article), the magnificent, limited-edition Clé de Peau Beauté Makeup Coffret possesses the power to create a full face in mere minutes. Couple this economy of space and efficiency with some of the most luxurious formulas in the beauty universe and there is no dispute – this gem is a must.
2. For the Eye Shadow Aficionado: Inspired by the bewitching beauty of Venice, the Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duos (available in green-gray and gold Grand Canal and midnight purple and soft gray Piazza San Marco) are richly pigmented and highly luminous. With the versatility of wet or dry application, the pairs fuse with the skin to effortlessly create a creamy, crease-free smoldering eye that virtually radiates light.
3. For the Foundation-phile Who Works Long Hours: Available in a spectrum of shades – from the lightest alabaster to the richest mahogany – the Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation (reviewed in the Foundation Wardrobing article) offers buildable medium coverage with a natural, skin-like finish. The fact that it wears flawlessly for an interminable amount of hours solidifies its ranking among the best foundations on the market.
4. For the Lash Expert: With a patented swan-neck applicator and plush, jet-black formula the Lancóme Paris Grandiôse Mascara is visually exquisite, both in the tube and on the lashes. It contains conditioning properties to nourish and strengthen, and its ability to build significant length and volume in two coats is quite impressive.
5. For the Fountain of Youth Seeker: A cornucopia of potent ingredients in the La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream lavishly hydrate the delicate orbital area, while simultaneously reducing darkness, puffiness and fine lines. With regular use, just a tiny dab goes a long way toward lifting and brightening eyes, making this the gift that keeps on giving!
6. For the Contour Queen: For subtle yet captivating contouring and highlighting, Napoleon Perdis Greatest Hits Cheek Palette offers the wearer two contour shades, two blushes and two illuminating powders – in both warm and cool undertones – to sculpt cheekbones while adding a pop of color and gleam of light to the high points of the face. Contouring has never been easier.
7. For Nude Lip Devotee: The complex, lush beige glimmer of the Guerlain KissKiss Shaping Cream Lip Color in Golden Girl is neutral enough to compliment a vast array skin tones. Fortified with commiphora myrrha oil and mango butter to smooth and hydrate, this sumptuous lipstick is encased in a striking black case for maximum impact.
8. For the Clean Face Enthusiast: When the remnants of the holiday season’s ubiquitous smoky eyes and bold lips must be immediately eliminated, Natura Bissé Diamond White Instant Makeup Remover is the answer. A pea-sized drop of this clarifying, softening elixir is all that is necessary to rid the face of any tell-tale traces of revelry.
9. For the Skincare Minimalist: Designed to reduce wrinkles and enlarged pores, increase skin elasticity and hydration and enhance overall clarity, the Lift Lab Lift + Perfect Total Rejuvenation Cream is brimming with active ingredients that encourage collagen and elastin production, thereby delivering the power of a cadre of skincare products in a single airtight bottle.
10. For the Classic Connoisseur: Since its inception nearly 30 years ago, the award-winning, highly lauded SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is a modern skincare classic. Infused with skin-clarifying Pitera, a few drops a day works to balance the skin, improving it on a myriad of levels. Indisputably utilitarian, it can be used alone but also seamlessly integrates into an existing skincare routine.
11. For the Glow Habitué: An antiaging moisturizer, SPF, primer, illuminator and light base tint, all in one, the Le Métier de Beauté Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe is worth its weight in gold. Once applied, the skin is balanced and refined with an undeniably gossamer glow; be forewarned, this radiance is habit-forming!
12. For the Luxe Lip Lover: Ingeniously named after influential men in Tom Ford’s life, the 50 limited-edition shades of Tom Ford Lips & Boys lipstick boast saturated pigmentation and a gorgeous variety of finishes. Available on 12/26/14, pre-order one (or ten) of these magnificent minis for the lipstick-obsessed individuals in your life. Rest, assured, they’ll be over the moon for these in-demand masterpieces.