Fall Makeup Bag Edit
November 11, 2015
At this point in the year, the reverberations of autumn are in full effect; temperatures are dropping and leaves are falling, making it the perfect time to consider editing your makeup bag for the brisk and vibrant season. Auspiciously, here is a wealth of portable recent releases –15 to be exact– that will propel your cosmetics pouch to au courant status in no time!
1. Orlane Morning Recovery Concentrate – applied to bare skin this instantly-absorbed serum is smoothing and revitalizing. When mixed with foundation, it extends the life of one’s base and just a dab over make up, halfway through the day, refreshes skin, leaving it healthy and glowing.
2. La Prairie Light Fantastic Cellular Concealing Brightening Eye Treatment – a gorgeous example of duality, this eye cream and concealer hybrid reduces puffiness and dark circles while instantly brightening the orbital area with a single stroke of the click pen applicator.
3. Estee Lauder New Dimension Shape + Sculpt – two cream shades housed side by side in a sleek compact make this pairing a contouring no-brainer. Sweep the darker hue along the hollows of the cheeks and perimeter of the jawline while focusing the lighter shade along the upper cheek bones for a customized sculpting effect on the go.
4. Tom Ford Illuminating Powder Duo in Moodlight – to further the genius of complementary shading, embrace the unbridled luminosity created by this compact. The deeper tone gives life to bronzed areas while the pearlescent portion bathes skin in light.
5. Giorgio Armani Maestro Contour Brush – Consider providing this stunning fan brush a permanent home in your cosmetics bag; designed expressly for contouring products, it comes in its own pouch to protect the blonde, ultra-soft bristles. Giorgio thinks of everything, no?
6. Laura Mercier Candleglow Luminizing Palette – for those that prefer a host of highlighting options, this palette is a must. It features four highly-blendable shades for eyes and two for cheeks, guaranteeing a personalized, incandescent glow in seconds.
7. Chantecaille Cheek Gelee in Happy – equal parts cheek stain and illuminator, this creamy, baby pink gel creates a naturally flushed result that is ever so fetching on the apples of the cheeks.
8. Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad #311 Pewter Veil – this quartet of pigmented, finely-milled shadows effortlessly embodies the teal trend while the metallic shades are workplace chic for maximum versatility.
9. Le Metier de Beaute Indelible Eye Prism in Angora – the silky texture and budge-proof nature punctuate the invaluable nature of this radiant eyeshadow. One swipe of the doe-foot applicator and eyes gleam for hours on end.
10. Gucci Infinite Length Mascara – boasting a super slim brush and flexible formula, this mascara takes lashes to new, nearly false fringe lengths for an “are they or aren’t they?” effect.
11. Clinique Just Browsing Brush-On Styling Mousse – small but mighty, this diminutive tube packs a punch, depositing color and hold for brilliantly polished and defined brows.
12. Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lipstick in Me Nude – housed in an opulent, gasp-worthy gold case, this pigment-saturated lip color offers a flattering, mid-toned nude, entirely apropos for the autumnal months.
13. Marisa Berensen Filler – deemed a “magic wand” by Ms. Berenson herself, this convenient rollerball, exclusive to Neiman Marcus, yields a potent, Prickly Pear-infused formula to combat signs of fatigue and plump fine lines. Additionally, it performs just as well over makeup as it does under it!
14. SK-II Mid-Day Essence – rife with skin-nurturing Pitera concentrate, this purse-friendly spray is designed to tone and revive one’s canvas at any time of the day or night.
15. Atelier Cologne Jasmin Angelique – nothing says fall like a complex, slightly smoky fragrance. This heady blend of jasmine and musk is perfect for the cooler months, combining subtle sophistication with a mysterious flair.