Finding Your Perfect Red Lip
October 12, 2015
Red lips are a timeless entity. Simultaneously classic and modern, a fresh cloak of crimson on one’s pout can be positively transformational. This iconic shade may be daunting, particularly if you prefer a more neutral look, however, finding your way to a befitting red lip needn’t feel overwhelming! The current expanse of textures, tones and finishes allows for unique customization, guaranteeing a perfect red for every girl. Here are seven flattering and fail-proof red lip color options for you to consider when looking for the perfect crimson pout:
1. Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Color in Carliana: Excellent for olive skin tones, this warm, bright red offers major opacity and a slightly luminous finish.
2. Laura Mercier Cream Smooth Lip Colour in Portofino Red: A massively pigmented red-meets-orange, this creamy shade feels very on-trend and is stunning on a spectrum of skin tones from fair ivory to deep ebony.
3. Sisley Paris Phyto-Lip Twist #5 Berry: This low-maintenance wash of sheer and shiny, berry-tinged color is marvelous for a casual take on red lips. One swipe of the retractable crayon and lips look juicy and feel divinely hydrated for hours.
4. Tom Ford Scarlet Rouge: Ever a classic, this neutral crimson cream performs just as well in the office as it does on the red carpet.
5. Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer #400: Equal parts lip color, lip gloss and lip stain, this new, distinctively non-sticky hybrid formula revolutionizes one’s concept of lipstick. Shade 400 is a deep and radiant red that instantly brightens the face.
6. La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Color in Rouge Clair: When applied in combination with the La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Enhancer and Luxe Lip Liner Automatique in Nude, this velvety cherry red completes a lush and long-lasting red lip trifecta!
7.Le Métier de Beauté Hydra-Creme Lipstick in Cardinale: Matte yet moisturizing, this stunning red is fused with a rosy hue for a softer take on traditional crimson.
What are some of your favorite go-to red lipsticks? Please share in the comments section below!