February 25, 2015
The winter months can be positively pernicious for one’s beauty routine–causing dryness, irritation and, perhaps worst of all, a dreaded case of dullness. Fortunately, there is an array of radiance boosters for skin, hair, face and lips that make it possible to get back that glow just in time for spring’s debut.
For the Skin:
1. Foreo Luna for Sensitive to Normal Skin: Luminous skin begins with a smooth and healthy canvas, and the soft silicone “bristles” of the Luna gently cleanse without stripping, leaving brighter skin in its wake.
2. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment: Producing results much like a spa treatment, this exfoliating wonder harnesses the power of fruit enzymes to polish the skin for a glowing countenance.
3. Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Diamond Sculpting/Refinishing Dual Infusion: The star of this dual-chambered elixir is the rare Black Diamond Truffle Extract. Combined with energizing skin refinishers, this luxurious daily ritual lifts, tones and brightens for a younger, more radiant look.
4. SK-II Cellumination Cream EX: A highly effective cocktail of skin boosters and brighteners (including the famed Pitera extract), this hydrating gel works to make skin more transparent and luminous by diminishing dark spots and unevenness.
For the Hair:
5. GLOSS Moderne High-Gloss Serum: Endearingly referred to as lipgloss for your hair, this sulfate- and paraben-free, divinely scented serum protects tresses from heat styling while simultaneously rendering gorgeous, enviable shine.
For the Face:
6. Napoleon Perdis Light Switch Luminizer Palette: With five radiant, custom cream shades conveniently housed in a purse-friendly compact, this fresh release from the venerable Napoleon Perdis line offers impressive light-correcting capabilities in seconds. From pale gold to flushed rose, this palette combats every form of dullness known to man!
7. Le Metier de Beaute Lueur Stylo PV Glow Pen Highlighter: An antiaging skincare, concealer and highlighter pen in one, this multitasking gem diffuses light to instantly perfect the skin. There is a reason the Peau Vierge formula has 28 patents.
8. Cle de Peau Luminizing Face Enhancer: Simply gazing at the intricate mosaic pattern of this powder highlighter is enough to lift one’s mood, and the fact that the silky, finely milled formula imparts a flattering beam of light on the face in seconds makes it all the more desirable.
9. Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Cream in Candlelight: For a longwearing, nongreasy, gel-meets-cream texture and a “lit from within” effect, nothing is better.
10. La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush: When a cheeks glow with a rosy flush, the whole face looks younger, and this blush’s marriage of soft color and subtle luminosity is utterly commendable.
11. Edward Bess All Over Seduction: Don’t let the diminutive nature of this classic black compact fool you–inside is an arrestingly lovely highlighter with an opulent, gossamer finish (thereby, making this a makeup bag must!)
For the Lips:
12. Chantecaille Galactic Lip Shine in Aurora: One half gleaming lip gloss, one half hydrating lip balm, this lush, iridescent formula features polychromatic pearl to ethereally enhance the natural tone of lips.
13. Dior Rouge Brilliant Lipshine & Care Couture Colour: This genius new release combines a cutting-edge, pen-like doe foot applicator with nourishing lip care oil and marvelous pigmentation for a fresh take on healthy, gleaming lips.
14. Chantecaille Hydra Chic Lipstick: Infused with Raist, a sugar derivative that combats the loss of moisture, this sophisticated formula delivers a hydrating, color-saturated luster that lasts for hours.
15. Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Color in Golden Peach: Replete with the vibrant color of a full-coverage lipstick and the texture of a lightweight gloss, this latest formula from Laura Mercier dries semi-matte while lips, paradoxically, remain moisturized and radiant. Golden Peach is a pearlescent nude shade that enhances a spectrum of skin tones.
16. Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color in Olga: This recently reformulated Chanel staple includes 29 highly moisturizing, scintillating shades named after Coco Chanel’s closest friends. Olga is a lambent, incandescent light pink that elegantly brightens the face.