Packing Light: 10 Travel Beauty and Skincare Shortcuts
March 3, 2017
Whether you’re planning a long weekend for an island getaway or picturesque mountain ski trip, packing a carry-on remains a challenge, especially when there is limited space for beauty and skincare. Travel sizes are often too small and may not reflect your regular routine, while filling a bag with every full-size product in your arsenal will leave no room for the requisite clothing!
One solution to this conundrum is to embrace products that expertly multitask. Finding those that hyper-perform in a spectrum of situations—from tropical warmth to brisk alpine air and a casual day at the beach to a chic evening out—will expand your options while maximizing the constraints of most carry-on luggage. Here are exactly ten skincare and beauty shortcuts that will have you packing light and looking gorgeous while on the go:
(1) La Prairie Line Interception Powder Duo: This dual-chambered powerhouse is all you need for day and night skincare; the AM formula moisturizes, firms, lifts, and helps protect with SPF 30 while the PM formula is packed with active retinol and peptides to combat fine lines and wrinkles while you sleep. One product with potent skincare for 24 hours, yes please!
(2) Le Métier de Beauté Peau Vierge: A glorious hybrid of moisture and antiaging benefits, coupled with a sheer tinted glow that can be worn alone or as a skin-perfecting foundation primer, this cult classic’s value lies in its versatility.
(3) Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer: When your skin needs lightweight sheer to medium coverage and a healthy radiance (read: pool days and afternoons of retail therapy), Just Skin is a perfect option. The cushiony base nourishes while evening skin tone, and the portable tube is handbag ready.
(4) Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation: For moments when only the most pristine canvas will do, Power Fabric’s medium-to-full-coverage formula has a velvety finish that lasts for hours, holding up equally well in moments of humidity or evenings on the dance floor.
(5) Sisley-Paris Phyto-Poudre Loose Powder Compact: This finely milled sheer powder comes in a secure compact (with an luxurious puff and mirror, no less!). Excellent for setting makeup and making excess oil disappear, it’s the only powder you’ll need when traveling.
(6) Kevyn Aucoin Neo-Lights Highlighter in Sahara: With its stunning ombré topography and subtle veil of color, this highlighter also doubles as a buildable bronzer that warms up the skin with a golden luminosity.
(7) Sisley-Paris Phyto-Blush Twists: Creamy and pigmented, these clever blush sticks can be blended with fingers (no brush needed) and dry to a sueded powder finish, brightening up the face in seconds.
(8) Clé de Peau Beauté Eyeshadow Duo #101 Grounded: Two complementary shades that can be worn dry or applied wet for added intensity, this silky, neutral brown and champagne pairing effortlessly works with a diverse range of coloring.
(9) Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Crayon Eye Liners: With over 30 vibrant shades in both matte and shimmer finishes, these retractable liners (no sharpener needed) create an indelible mark that even stays put in the waterline. Throw a few hues in your bag so you can instantly transform your look.
(10) Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate Lip Duo: For all the times your lip color is the culmination of mixing two or more shades, Tom Ford has made it that much easier to customize your pout. The slim compact houses two semimatte tones (one light, one darker) that can be blended to accentuate the unique dimension and contour of your pout. With a built in mirror and two lip brush options, the possibilities are virtually endless.