Two Lipsticks, Two Looks
January 7, 2016
Subtle and sophisticated, Le Métier de Beauté is one of the beauty industry’s best-kept secrets. The minimalist packaging belies the stunning range of color within the line, and the latest eye and lip color launches further enhance its vibrant impact. To showcase the transformational nature of the products, here are the breakdowns for two timeless looks—featuring a focus on eyeliner and lipstick—that are vastly different yet equally wearable. Visit a Neiman Marcus Le Métier de Beauté counter for even more inspiration!
Look 1 // Winter Nudes — Nude lips in the dead of winter? Absolutely! Channel the 1960s with a modern twist (a navy blue eyeliner!) by following these steps:
1. Begin by evening out skin with the Le Métier de Beauté Peau Vierge. This formula acts as a moisturizer, antiaging serum, sheer foundation, primer and illuminator all in one. Consistent usage encourages cell turnover (without obvious peeling!) and beautifully glowing skin.
2. Add a touch of the Le Métier de Beauté Creme Fresh Tint in Zinnia on the apples of the cheeks, using your ring finger to gently blend until seamless. This creamy blush shade has just enough pigment and luminosity for a “just pinched” and “lit from within” effect.
3. To increase luminosity, blend a few dots of the Le Métier de Beauté Indelible Eye Prism in Angora along the upper cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose. This weightless formula is radiant without being glittery and works just as well on the face and lips as it does on the eyes.
4. For eyes, apply the Le Métier de Beauté Indelible Eye Prism in Lurex, a warm golden bronze, all over the upper lid, and sweep a bit along the lower lash line for continuity.
5. To add unexpected impact, sweep the rich navy blue Le Métier de Beauté Dualistic Gel Eyeliner in Midnight along the lower water line. This gel is smooth as silk and lasts for hours without fading or migrating, making it the ideal choice for the sensitive water line.
6. Finish the look by tracing the perimeters of the lips with the Le Métier de Beauté Waterproof Lip liner in Saffron (a medium-rosy nude), add a touch of the Lip Creme Lip Gloss in the neutral Creme Caramel for a hydrating base and follow with the Le Métier de Beauté Moisture Matte Lipstick in La Vie en Rose, a delicate beige with pink undertones. This color-saturated matte formula is enriched with hydrating ingredients for a velvety experience.
Look 2 // Classically Coral — When a bold lip is in order, embrace the power of coral, and enhance eyes with chic brown eyeliner, winged out for a iconic effect:
1. Follow steps 1- 4 from the Winter Nudes breakdown. Then, smudge the rich brown Le Métier de Beauté Dualistic Gel Eyeliner in Sequoia along the lower lash line (as close to lashes as possible) and add a sweep of the liner along the upper lash line, sweeping out to corners of the eyes to create a small wing.
2. Line lips with the Le Métier de Beauté Waterproof Lip Liner in Echo, an indelible coral shade, and top with the Le Métier de Beauté Moisture Matte Lipstick in Cinema. This creamy coral instantly brightens the face, and its neutral undertone means it looks amazing on a spectrum of skin tones!