Updating Your Makeup Bag for Fall
September 16, 2014
The calendar may indicate the arrival of fall but what season does your cosmetics bag reflect? Are the remnants of summertime (e.g., candy-hued lip balm and light tinted moisturizer) still defining your current look? Back-to-school schedules, shorter days and longer nights and transitional weather that can morph from sweltering heat to bracing briskness in a matter of hours call for a change. The cooler months beckon for a polished, lasting, put-together visage that seamlessly flows from day to night. In turn, here are 10 beauty products that will effortlessly update your makeup bag for fall…
1. Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Sandstone: This radiant powder is a cult classic for a reason. Featuring a gradient of shades suitable for contouring, bronzing and highlighting, Sandstone delivers depth, warmth and glow, flattering for a range of skin tones, in a single compact.
2. Giorgio Armani Eye and Brow Maestro: One of Giorgio Armani’s latest releases, this multitasking, highly pigmented cream corresponds with a spectrum of hair colors – from the palest silver to the darkest raven – and heroically serves as an eyeliner, eyeshadow, brow pigment and root touch up, making it a surefire contender for fall makeup bag MVP!
3. Cle de Peau Beaute Perfect Lash Mascara: From the uniquely squared brush to the stalwart waterproof and smudgeproof formula, this mascara coats lashes in fringe-friendly (yes, there’s even an ingredient to protect lashes against damage!), intense pigment that lengthens, volumizes and lasts all day.
4. Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Correcteur Concealer: Giving creamy coverage in a single stroke, this skincare-infused concealer helps banish dark circles and blemishes instantly, while the patented Syntoc Actif Retinol delivery system works over time to encourage collagen production, tighten pores and brighten the skin. This small wonder is an aesthetic must for those hectic weeks when much-needed sleep is simply not a reality.
5. Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere Anti-Aging Illuminator in Luster: This lightweight highlighter blurs imperfections while adding a dewy, moisture-rich flush to cheeks. Simply put, this is the quintessential option for a brightening, revitalizing, skin-transforming, mid-day touch up.
6. ReVive Intensite Volumizing Lip Serum: As a lip treatment, this silky formula instantly hydrates and plumps the lips, filling in fine lines and wrinkles and serving as a protective base for lip color.
7. Napoleon Perdis Mattetastic in Sophia: With its matte yet moisturizing formula, this brand-new Napoleon Perdis lip color glides onto the lips and feels like velvet. Sophia is a universally flattering nude that offers gorgeous opacity and a modern matte finish.
8. Laura Mercier Bare Baby Lip Glace: This demure, pearlized peachy pink can be applied over lipstick for a creamy beige effect or worn on its own for a subtle, ultra-pretty luminescence. Truly an effortless staple for day and night!
9. Tom Ford Translucent Finishing Powder: Ultrafinely milled, this sheer powder in an oh-so-sophisticated compact sets makeup like a dream and offers formidable shine control for touch ups, all without incurring the dreaded “powdery” finish.
10. Giorgio Armani Nail Lacquer: Its diminutive bottle makes this lush lacquer entirely apropos for one’s makeup bag, and the fact that it comes in a host of on-trend shades (my personal favorite is the iridescent, totally wearable “Kaleidoscope”) guarantees that the wearer will find a favorite or two (or ten!) to perennially keep at her disposal.
Shop The Beauty Event through Sept. 21 and receive a free tote and samples with $125 purchase.