New York Fashion Week Day One
February 15, 2015
Six of our favorite things from day one of New York Fashion Week.
1. “There have been two products in the past 10 years worth knowing about – powder and spray wax. Powder gives you volume and spray wax gives you a bit of lifting without leaving the hair greasy,” says UNITE’s Kevin Ryan backstage at Tibi Fall 2015.
2. All eyes were on the single statement earring that popped up on Tibi’s Fall 2015 runway. Jewelry designer Paige Novick collaborated with Amy Smilovic to create the sleek gold piece. We can’t wait to sport the solo trend next season.
3. Spotted on the streets: fashion insiders cover up from the cold in turtlenecks of every color.
4. Altuzarra debuted the new “Notch” handbag collection. Intricately braided tassel straps, and signature gold hardware inspired by heirloom lighters adorn hobos and saddle-bags, lending a relaxed spirit to the look of the season.
5. The Must-Have: Alexander Wang’s studded knits.
6. The perfect end to Valentine’s Day – Moncler’s largest heart-shaped box and Fall 2015 collection.