New York Fashion Week Day Two
February 16, 2015
Six of our favorite things from day two of New York Fashion Week.
1. New York’s freezing temperatures call for turtleneck sweaters. Not only are women in the streets bundling up in cozy knits, designers’ collections seem to be in the same mood: at DKNY, colorblock turtleneck ensembles in bright tomato red and turquoise were styled against royal blue, white and camel.
Styling tip: wear them unrolled for an extra cozy effect.
2. At Edun, ultra thin turtlenecks were the base of all looks, sometimes in lurex, other times in colorbock ensembles under heavier, tunic-like knits.
3. We love to see fringe bags in the streets, and the trend evolves with folkloric references on the runways. Hand-woven tapestry panels on coats ended in fringed hemlines at Edun.
4. Cognac colored bottoms – midi skirts and culottes – in leather or suede are already on our wish lists for next fall.
5. Glamorous and seductive ensembles at DVF were taken to the next level with beautiful crystal embellishments.
6. The Must-Have: Prabal Gurung’s pretty fur-trimmed parka.