New York Fashion Week Day Three
September 8, 2014
10 things that we loved about day three of New York Fashion Week. Follow @neimanmarcus and @cuspbynm on Instagram for live updates during the shows.
1. New York’s street culture never ceases to be the inspiration for DKNY. Spring 2014 was sporty and cool, a mash up of graphic patterns, skirts as peplums, “mandals,” sneakers and bucket bags.
2.The world of dance might have been Tracy Reese’s main inspiration, but we loved the ballerina pink pieces and floral prints.
“Bright with blush for the modern ballet at Tracy Reese.” – Ken Downing
3. Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2015 ended was a happy collection with a mash up of floral and gingham prints. It also didn’t hurt to see model Naomi Campbell walk the runway.
4. Belted suede dresses with leopard panels look fresh for Spring at Edun.
5. Nanette Lepore’s Spring 2015 collection is bright and sunny, and the dancing performance for the finale was a fun surprise.
8. Mixed media of pattern and print at Thakoon Spring 2015.
9. Once again, Opening Ceremony exceeded all expectations with the debut of 100% Lost Cotton, a one-act play written by Spike Jonze and Jonah Hill, which served as their Spring 2015 fashion week show. The hour-long, single act performance starring Catherine Keener, Elle Fanning, Bobby Cannavale, Alia Shawkat, Dree Hemingway, Karlie Kloss and John Cameron Mitchell was witty and fun.