April 11, 2016
This season’s must-have piece promises a relaxed feel with elegant style. “Everyone needs a pair. Not everyone knows how to wear them,” explains Neiman Marcus Styling Director Darlys Michaelis.
Of course, we’re talking about the ever-chic wide-leg pant. With these ten styling tips from Michaelis, take a little vacation from your skinnies and discover how to wear this versatile option.
1. Play with proportion by complementing with a fitted crop top for a contemporary silhouette.
2. For the petite woman, opt for pants with vertical lines for an elongated optical illusion.
3. Add height with a platform sandal or high heel.
4. Bring focus to an eye-catching print by wearing a neutral, fitted tee.
5. Go boho with an off-the-shoulder top to channel a ’70s vibe.
6. Avoid looking frumpy by replacing an oversized sweater with a more cropped fit.
7. Wear a slimming jacket or blazer with your wide-leg pants to create shape.
8. Offset high-waist wide-leg pants with an open-back bodysuit for flirty spring style.
9. Create an elongated look by pairing cropped culottes with a matching peplum top.
10. Pair with a leather Rag & Bone jacket—found #onlyatNM—to add edge to your ensemble.